Welcome. Wanna make some dope shit?
Great. Owning a BAYC or MAYC NFT means you hold a broad license to use the art associated with it for personal and commercial uses.
What you do with your rights is up to you.
You can simply think of them fondly from time to time. You can casually steer all conversations toward personal or commercial use rights. Or, you can use your NFT’s image in a new or existing product and build a whole-ass brand around it.
YOUR RIGHTS IN A NUTSHELL
You can use the entire image of your NFT in commercial and personal projects, whether those projects create physical or digital goods or services like:
LEVERAGE YOUR APES WITH THE MADE BY APES PROGRAM
Put your ape to work
Made by Apes empowers holder-creators of BAYC and MAYC NFTs by verifying, supporting, and amplifying goods or services they offer using their BAYC and MAYC NFTs. The Made by Apes program authenticates that licensees own a BAYC or MAYC NFT and grants a license to use the Yuga-made Made by Apes logo in connection with their products or services.
“Primary License” and “Product Licenses”
- The Primary License is your main license associated with your Ape. The Primary License number is the first 5 digits.
- Under your Primary License, you can add “Product Licenses,” to associate different apes and products to your Primary License. A Product License number is the three digits after your Primary License number. You need a primary license to request a sublicense.
DISPLAYING YOUR MADE BY APES LICENSE
- Licensees can display their Made by Apes logo in their projects alongside the image of their BAYC or MAYC NFT.
- The Made By Apes logo must be used as-is, and cannot be modified in any way, including removal of or alterations to the license number.
- The Made By Apes logo cannot be featured more prominently than your BAYC or MAYC NFT image.
ONE APE, MULTIPLE PROJECTS
- You’ll need multiple Product Licenses if the same ape appears in connection with multiple products or services. For instance, if your Ape was used on a t-shirt, you would need a new Product License to exhibit it on a beer.
- There is no limit on the number of licenses a BAYC or MAYC token can request.
ONE PROJECT, MULTIPLE APES
- If you have a project that uses multiple apes, you need one license per ape, and will be able to register the project under one master license and add the other apes as sublicenses in the near future.
- If you want to include multiple apes but you don’t own all of them, you also need to contact their owners separately to get a license from them. The Made by Apes program doesn’t cover agreements you’d need to make with other owners to use their apes.